ABOUT HIMALAYAN JUNIPER ESSENTIAL OIL
Distilled in the kingdom of Bhutan, Floracopeia’s Himalayan Juniper is a softer, sweeter version of the supreme oil for atmospheric purification and respiratory support.
All of the aerial parts of the juniper bush can be distilled, and here we bring you a unique oil from Bhutan that is distilled from the leaves and small branches of the plant.
This aromatic treasure calms and balances your nervous system, offers relaxant properties, relieves stress, and helps alleviate vertigo. As a stimulating oil, it promotes circulation, and boosts mental activity, clearing the mind of negativity and blockages to promote clear thinking.
It’s a powerhouse respiratory oil, decongesting airways, opening sinuses, fighting off colds and flu, and treating respiratory infections. You’ll enjoy its warm, woody, balsamic scent as you inhale deeply for a restorative, cleansing experience.
When inhaled through direct palm inhalation or diffused, richly balsamic and resinous-sweet juniper essential oil works to support clear breathing, detoxification and cleansing. Employed this way, along with therapeutic massage, juniper oil supports the wellness of our bodies water system as well as the detoxification of our skin.
A world-class detoxifier, juniper oil’s cleansing properties encourage joint and muscle health, and makes an excellent addition to your massage oils. Juniper essential oil, applied over the abdomen, can also aid in detoxification from overindulgence in eating and drinking. Diffused, it can nourish and restore optimal working nerves, enhancing calm and relaxation.
How to Use Himalayan Juniper Essential Oil
Juniper is a valuable essential oil and can be applied topically, through direct inhalation, or diffused.
- Can also be used as a compress to support comfortable muscles and joints after
- strenuous or repetitive activity.
- Blend up to a 5% dilution in a massage oil and massage gently into skin to support healthy water metabolism.
Himalayan Juniper Essential Oil Profile
This Juniper leaf oil from the high mountains of Bhutan is warm, woody and balsamic. Softer
and sweeter than other Junipers, this oil still packs the supreme air purification powers of all
Juniper essential oils.
Safety Considerations for Himalayan Juniper Essential Oil
Non-toxic, though should not be used by those with kidney disease, acute bladder infections, or
during pregnancy. Non- to mildly-sensitizing. Do not take Juniper essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Himalayan Juniper Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: base to middle
- Odor: warm, woody, balsamic
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Mild to medium
- Blends Well With: Citrus oils such as bergamot essential oil, grapefruit essential oil and lime essential oil; conifer oils such as cedar wood essential oil, cypress essential oil and pine essential oil; also clary sage essential oil and vetiver.
- Botanical Name: Juniperus recurva
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Himalayan Juniper Essential Oil
- Origin: Bhutan
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wildcrafted
- Plant Part: leaves and small twigs
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: ~1.5% (less with immature berries)
- Bottle Size: 1⁄2 fl oz (15 mL)
Interesting Juniper Essential Oil Information
Juniper is a shrubby, small coniferous tree belonging to the Juniperus genus and member of the Cupressaceae (Cypress) family. There are over 50 species of juniper spread around the world. Juniper has been extensively used as a scenting and therapeutic herb in various cultures all over the world, since ancient times. In Ancient Greece and Egypt it was used as a food preservative, a medicinal herb and it was considered to be purifying and protective. Tibetans also use juniper as incense in religious ceremonies. Native Americans have used juniper for several purposes: as an ingredient in food and beverages, as scenting agent and as a potent herb for digestive ailments.