ABOUT SILVER FIR ESSENTIAL OIL
Possessing a soft, sweetly resinous fragrance, the clean, fresh aroma of silver fir exerts a powerful calming influence, encourages restful sleep, while at the same time providing an uplifting and refreshing feeling. Fir essential oil promotes mental clarity. This oil blends very well with many other oils, it is one that we often keep near our office diffuser to promote a clear, effective mind.
Like other conifer oils, silver fir has an affinity both for assisting the lungs and complaints of sore bodies. A warming oil par excellence, silver fir can help boost energy moving throughout the body and is thus soothing to joints and muscles. This oil is highly effective when used daily in the diffuser, especially when there may be inhibited flow through the breath channels during the difficult winter months.
HOW TO USE SILVER FIR ESSENTIAL OIL
- In the Diffuser: Being a grand confer oil, use Silver Fir to deodorize your rooms during or after periods of sickness. Great for the office or creative environment, you will feel alert, clear and productive when used regularly. Add several drops to your diffuser along with rosemary and lavender to create an aromatically pleasing and effective blend.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR SILVER FIR ESSENTIAL OIL
Non-toxic, non-irritant (except in high concentration and to those with highly sensitive skin) and non-sensitizing. Avoid during pregnancy. Do not take silver fir essential oil internally.
SILVER FIR ESSENTIAL OIL PROFILE
This superior Silver Fir oil, also known as Giant Fir, is distilled from unsprayed hand-trimmed needles of fir trees growing in Albania.
AROMATIC PROFILE AND BLENDING OF SILVER FIR ESSENTIAL OIL
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Odor: Fresh, delicate, fruity-balsamic, heady, green incense-resinous
- Dryout: Sweet, fruity, herbaceous
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium
- Blends Well With: Other pine and fir oils, rosemary oil, patchouli oil and citrus oils
- Botanical Name: Abies alba
- Family: Pinaceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Silver Fir Essential Oil
- Origin: Albania
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Wild-harvested
- Plant Part: Needles
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.3% - 0.5%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)